Bake the eggplants and peppers on the stove, then clean them.
Finely chop the onion and put the carrots on a small grater.
Heat the oil in a saucepan and then add the onion.
Let it cook a little, then add the carrot and leave for another 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the peppers, then put them over the onion and carrots.
Let them cook together for about 5 minutes, then add the chopped eggplant.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the bay leaf.
Let it boil for about 20 minutes, until the juice left by the vegetables decreases.
It is served cold on bread and is perfect for a day of fasting!
Enjoy your meal!
Curator of Zacusca
"This book also had to have a name, and the chosen title also has a story: I was in 2019 and I was invited to be the host, together with Florin Dumitrescu (the lyricist - anthropologist, not the chef) of a zacuste tasting, organized by BioShopRomania, just a few hours before, I had met a friend who, in addition to some wonderful goat meats and some charcoal bacon, left me to taste some samples of raspberry brandy. towards the event I realized that, in fact, I am the curator of a zacus tastingyou and I kind of fell in love with this thing not approved by the table nomenclature. I arrived at the crime scene and, in addition to the contents of the jars, I opened the aromatic samples. Ciprian, a good host, also opened a bottle of brandy. One of the participants brought two bottles of production and his own experiments: ginger brandy and hot peppers. In the end, we woke up with a blackberry distillate. I have no idea if the zacustas or palincles were more numerous, but it doesn't matter either. I have seen drink curators before, so I have only the initial option left: to impress the world like a great zacuscar (in the sense of mancu, not of the producer). About zacusca, as well as about sarmale, we laugh to claim that it is not ours and again we put the stick through the etymology fence and we forcefully skim in the traditional recipe book. That others do it is clear, that the term has lost its original meaning we have no doubts, that we do not call this vegetable stew "a la romaine" is just our problem, that we do not even translate it on the menus for tourists, vegetable spread is also an incomprehensible mess. "Cosmin Dragomir - Curator of Zacusca - Gastronomic texts, GastroArt Publishing House
& # 8220How many huts are so common & # 8221, nothing could be further from the truth, especially when it comes to a zacusca recipe. Every housewife has a personal contribution, every zacusca recipe is a special one. Even made according to the same recipe, zacusca can have a different taste. But something still remains unchanged. In my case it is the memory related to my family, to Buni Sia and our zacusca, as I have known her since I was little. It will be very good, it will be better or less good than the zacusca of others, it doesn't matter, as long as we eat it with pleasure. And those who tasted the zacusca I made in the fall were delighted with it and that made me very happy.
The story was like this: I prepared a portion of zacusca (about 32 jars of 400g come out) somewhere at the end of August. Then I realized, at the beginning of October, that it has a very large passage and I decided to prepare another portion. Respectively, let's cook the vegetables to keep in the freezer and prepare the zacusca only when the first portion is ready. As the last jar ended, I started the plans for the spring 2011 zacusca.
Eggplant Zacusca ingredient
- 10 kg eggplant
- 7 kg gogosari
- 7 kg of peppers
- 2.5 kg white onion
- 3 l oil
- 2 liters of tomato juice (or broth mixed with water)
- coarse salt to taste
- bay leaves (8-10 pieces)
First and foremost, I baked the eggplant, peppers and donuts on the grill. If you bake them at home, bake the eggplants on the stove, on the stove, and bake the peppers and donuts in the oven. Place in trays lined with baking paper. It is important to turn them several times, so that they are evenly baked and it will be easier for you to peel them. As soon as you take them out of the oven, it would be good to put them in a bowl, sprinkle them with salt and cover them for a few minutes. This way the peel comes off the easiest. Eggplants are peeled as for eggplant salad, and in the case of donuts and peppers we take maximum care to remove the ribs and seeds. That being said, I put the vegetables in bags and put them in the freezer until two days ago.
Then I put the vegetables in the mincer. This time, however, things went quickly. It's the first year we have the KitchenAid mixer and its accessories to help with the zacusca.
I'm not lying to you, Grandma Sia looked at him with evil eyes at first, because & # 8220.
They became friends instantly when he saw how quickly and well he was doing his job.
I cleaned the onion and the whole thing was taken care of by KitchenAid, the food processor this time. Grandma looked at him skeptically again. She was sure she would cut the onion too small. But I used the pulse function and everything was perfect. The onion was chopped without leaving too much water.
I then hardened the onion in a liter of oil until it became translucent.
Over the onion I added the vegetables, I mixed well, then I put the rest of the oil, the bay leaves and the broth. Stir again and again for 4 hours so that the zacusca does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Of course, there is also the option to put the pan in the oven on a very low heat and avoid mixing. But you still have a chance to catch a little of the bottom of the pot or to smoke. But it's not a rule, everyone does it easier. We know that zacusca is boiled when a little oil rises to the surface.
I then sterilized the jars, 5-6 minutes in the hot oven and in the hot jars (don't forget to use kitchen gloves) I poured the zacusca, just as hot, using a beaked cup. I filled the jars to the thread.
Then with a spoon I pressed lightly, so that air bubbles came out of the edges. I put the lid on, which I tightened and prepared a bed for them. On a thick blanket I placed the plastic bags in which I put the jars. I carefully rolled the bags so that they reached the neck of the jars. When I finished placing them all in the bed (16 jars of 800g came out) I covered them well with an even thicker blanket. I kissed them on the forehead and wished them good night. They stayed in the den for 2 days, until they cooled completely and today I moved them to the pantry.
For the first time since I can remember, Grandma couldn't help us with the zacusca, because she's not in the best shape. I was really laughing at one point, when he said, watching the mixer chop the vegetables & I put on an apron too, to give the impression that I'm getting involved in the zacusca & # 8221. But I wanted her to be with us, to make zacusca under her supervision. And especially to feel how important it is to me. How much I thank her for every piece of advice, how I keep her recipe book like a holy book and how much I love her. You're welcome!
Tag: parsley salad
Join one of the largest culinary groups in Romania: Good appetite, recipes with Gina Bradea, official group.
Romanian and international culinary recipes, explained step by step. We have prepared fasting recipes, preserves, cakes and pastries, simple and fast food. I have 30 years of experience in the food field and a great passion for Romanian gastronomic traditions.
I launched the book "50 fasting recipes". Order now the recipe book, ideal for vegetarians and for when you want to fast.
My favorite networks
What else do I read
Eggplant zacusca (for winter)!
The tastiest eggplant zacusca recipe verified in time!
-4 tablespoons rock salt (for eggplant)
-2 tablespoons grated rock salt (for vegetables)
-3 tablespoons not filled with 9% vinegar.
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1.Cut the eggplant into cubes, add salt, pour water and leave for 40 minutes, thus removing the bitter taste.
2. Cut the tomatoes on both sides, pour boiling water, leave them for 3 minutes, then peel them and cut them into small cubes.
3. Cut the onion, bell pepper and hot pepper into cubes, then pass the carrot through a medium grater.
4. Sterilize the jars and boil the lids.
5. Drain the eggplants, rinse them under running water in a strainer and let them drain.
6. Pour oil into a cast iron skillet or saucepan, add the eggplant and fry. Transfer the eggplant to a large saucepan.
7. In the bowl in which you fried the eggplant, add oil, fry the onion until golden and transfer it to the eggplant pan.
8. Pour oil, fry the carrot over low heat until soft, and add it to the pan.
9. Pour oil, fry the bell pepper for 10 minutes and transfer it to the other vegetables.
10. Add the tomatoes to the pot, without pouring oil, put the lid on, simmer and transfer to a saucepan.
11. Put the pan with vegetables on the fire, mix, add the hot pepper, salt, sugar, stir once more and cook the zacusca over low heat for 40-50 minutes.
12. When there are 10 minutes of cooking left, add vinegar, stir and continue to cook the vegetables.
13. Divide the stew into jars, close them tightly, turn them upside down, cover them with a warm blanket and let them cool.
We recommend this eggplant zacusca to all those who like tasty food!
& # 8211 5 kg of eggplant
& # 8211 2 kg red bell peppers
& # 8211 2 kg gogosari
& # 8211 1 kg onion
& # 8211 500 ml oil
& # 8211 1 l tomato broth
& # 8211 salt, pepper, bay leaves
Bake eggplant, peppers and donuts in turn. The eggplants are left to drain for about 1 hour.
Peppers, donuts and eggplant are passed through the mincer. Finely chop the onion and put it in oil. When it becomes glassy, add the peppers, donuts and eggplant.
Add the broth and boil in a bowl with a thicker bottom. Bring to the boil until the oil rises to the surface.
Add salt to taste, peppercorns and bay leaves.
Sterilize the jars in the oven.
After the zacusca has boiled, put it hot in jars, staple them and leave them in beds to cool until the next day, when we store them in the pantry.
Try this video recipe too
It can be made with any kind of fish, usually with fresh fish. This time I preferred ocean fish, on the idea that it has more iodine and omega3. So I chose frozen mackerel. I was curious to see what came out, if not the taste of fish will be too strong, but in the end I was very satisfied. An EXTRA zacusca has come out!
3 kg of fish
3 kg of onions
3 kg of donuts
0.7 l of oil
about 1 liter of tomato juice
a cup of vinegar
garlic, pepper, salt, coriander
First, we will prepare the fish, because it takes longer. We wash it, cut it into pieces, put it in a pan and pour a cup of vinegar, 2-3 cups of water on top - so that the fish is in liquid, a little salt and a cup of oil. We put it in the oven, to simmer, over low heat, for about 4-5 hours. In this way the bones will soak.
Out of the desire to prepare everything as quickly as possible, but also to get a more dietary zacusca, I gave up baked peppers or donuts and I never cook onions. In fact, I don't make that low, oily zacusca, because it's kind of indigestible for the stomach, gall and liver, and I don't like it either. It depends on everyone's taste.
I adapted the recipes and made "light" variants for any kind of zacusca.
So, how to prepare:
- onion - clean it, cut it in half and leave it in a bowl with cold water for about 30 minutes. a lot, then I take it out with a whisk and let it cool. The onion will not brown at all, due to the steam formed under the lid, but it will not be boiled either.
- the donuts - clean them and cut them into quarters (or into smaller pieces, if they are large), put them all in the oil in which I previously smothered the onions, cover them and let them cook very easily. I drain them and let them cool.
I didn't know this recipe.
I didn't know Zacusca / This combination either.
As you write here, I can say that it is something very good.
And I learned something else. Thanks.
Spicy eggplant and pepper zacusca. It never lasts until winter!
If you like spicy food, then this recipe is for you! Eggplant and pepper zacusca will not leave you indifferent! Most of the time we finish eating it until winter starts!
-80-125 ml of 6% vinegar (to taste)
-150 ml of refined sunflower oil
-fresh parsley - to taste
-2 tablespoons sugar (if necessary).
From these ingredients we obtained 3 jars of 500 ml and 3 jars of 330 ml of zacusca.
1.Wash the sweet peppers and eggplant. If the eggplants are large, cut them in half. Put them on a baking tray.
2.Insert the tray into the preheated oven to 200 ° C. Bake the peppers until the skin separates from their pulp, and the eggplant - until they soften. Transfer them to a bowl and cover with a lid until cool.
3. Cover the washed tomatoes with hot water. Let them simmer for a few minutes.
4. Then peel the peppers, eggplant and tomatoes. Cut them into pieces and place them in a large saucepan. Stir.
5. Boil the zacusca for 30 minutes from the boil, over low heat, stirring periodically.
6. In 20 minutes add salt to taste and sugar. Stir.
7. Cut the garlic into slices, and the hot peppers - into slices. After 20 minutes, add them to the pan, in which you have heated the refined sunflower oil and fry them for 1-2 minutes. Then add the chopped parsley, mix and transfer all the resulting composition to the zacusca.
8. Gradually add the vinegar. Stir. Taste the zacusca and, if necessary, add more salt and / or vinegar to it.
9. Transfer hot zacusca to sterilized jars. Cover them immediately with sterilized lids and close them tightly.
10. Turn the lids down and cover them with a warm blanket until they cool completely.
Eggplant snack - quick and easy. Perfect for any occasion!
1.Remove the eggplant stalks and cut them in half (in the transverse direction). If the eggplants are not large, you may not cut them.
2.Cut the garlic cloves into large pieces. You will use them to fill the eggplant. Therefore, cut them so that the process is easy and comfortable to perform.
3.Put the chopped garlic in a bowl. Add salt and mix.
4.Make longitudinal and almost complete cuts in the eggplant halves, using the knife.
5.Insert the pieces of salted garlic into the respective cuts. Alternatively, you can fill the eggplant not only with garlic, but, for example, with hot peppers or season the garlic with your favorite spices.
6.Cut the tomatoes into cubes. If you want, you can peel them beforehand. Usually, we skip this stage because the recipe is very simple, "lazy". Therefore, we prefer not to complicate it.
7.Compact the prepared eggplant in a tall saucepan. You don't have to add other ingredients to its bottom.
8. Add the tomatoes over the eggplant.
9. Spread them evenly and press them a little, so as to fill the empty spaces between the eggplants. Cover the pan with a lid and put it on a moderate heat. Heat the eggplant for about 20 minutes. The tomatoes must be dropped and released.
10. In 20 minutes, take the lid off the pan and taste the sauce. If necessary, add salt and sugar. Add the oil.
11. Cover the pan with the lid and cook the food on low heat for about 20 minutes. The eggplants should soften so that the knife penetrates them easily.
12. Stop the fire. Allow the eggplants to cool, then refrigerate for 24 hours. Eggplants must cool and penetrate. The snack is ready!
13.Before serving, remove the eggplant from the pan and cut them into pieces of comfortable thickness.
EGGPLANT ZACUSTA RECIPE. HOW TO PREPARE EGGPLACE ZACUSCA WITH TOMATOES AND PEPPERS:
EGGPLANT ZACUSTA RECIPE. Before you actually start mixing the eggplant zacusca ingredients, you can divide your work into several days.
EGGPLANT ZACUSTA RECIPE. Bake the eggplants on the board (old pan or oven), clean them, drain them well and if you don't make them in 1-2 days, freeze them.
- The same goes for peppers with donuts - baked, sprinkled with salt, left under the lid and thoroughly cleaned of skin and seeds. Freeze them as well if you do not prepare zacusca in 1-2 days.
- Then from the tomato broth prepared for winter, set aside, in the refrigerator, 3 liters for zacusca. If you don't make broth, pass about 3 kg of tomatoes through the mincer or robot and use them in the zacusca.
EGGPLANT ZACUSTA RECIPE. After baking and cleaning the eggplant, peppers and donuts and preparing the broth or tomato juice, finely chop the onion in a food processor or meat grinder. Heat the oil well in a large cauldron, add the onion, and let it stir, stirring periodically.